Welcome of the Release of 178 Activists in Bahrain
Demand to Guarantee non-repetition of State Violations
The Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR) and the Bahrain Youth Society for Human Rights (BYSHR) welcome the initiative of the Bahrain authorities to release 178 activists and human rights defenders, considering it a step in the right direction and hoping that none of the detainees had been excluded. The BCHR and the BYSHR congratulate the released citizens and their parents, and would like to thank everyone who participated, since December 2007 until now, in acting to release those detainees and especially:
• international and regional human rights organizations and figures,
• human rights organizations and the lawyers in Bahrain who volunteered their time and effort,
• political and religious figures,
• media persons internet activists who breached the misinformation that the official and pro-government media carried out;
• Activists in the grassroots movement that showed in various ways their peaceful protest and non-stop campaign whom the authorities confronted with further arrests, and exaggerated suppression methods, which led to worsening the security situations and the occurrence of damages and injuries.