Arab Human Rights Defenders Union (AHRDU)
First, Name: Arab Human Rights Defenders Union (AHRDU)
- AHRDU is an international Arab non-governmental organization
- AHRDU consists of :
(A) the organizations defending human rights in Arab countries acceding to AHRDU.
(B) defenders of human rights, individuals and practitioners, to defend human rights within the Arab countries.
Authenticity and references:
1. International Bill of Human Rights.
2. United Nations Declaration on Human Rights Defenders
3. Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations High Commissioner for human rights defenders.
4. EU Guidelines on the protection of human rights defenders.
AHRDU aims to:
1. Create a regulatory and democratic framework that includes defenders of human rights working to protect organizations and individuals and develop their abilities in the field of human rights.
2. Create a framework for dialogue, consultation, coordination, joint action, integration, and solidarity among NGOs and individual defenders on the basis of absolute equality between all its members.
3. Coordination, cooperation and exchange of experiences at all levels to promote and protect human rights defenders.
4. support dialogue, coordination with networks and other Arab organizations, regional and global, on human rights defenders.
5. Provide legal , moral and material protection for human rights defenders who are at risk.
6. Contributing to the training of human rights defenders on the methods of